중앙데일리

North cyberattack feared, says gov’t

July 29,2010
The presidential office is on alert against a cyberattack by North Korea after receiving intelligence reports, the Blue House said yesterday.

“The National Cyber Security Center [NCSC] obtained intelligence on a possible cyberattack from North Korea,” Blue House spokeswoman Kim Hee-jung told reporters. A relevant team at the Blue House is on emergency alert footing from Tuesday in cooperation with the NCSC, she added.

The possible cyberattack seems to be associated with the North’s threat of a “sacred war” to retaliate against the large-scale joint naval drills between South Korea and the United States in the East Sea, which ended yesterday, she added.

The Web sites of the Blue House and several other key government offices were hit last year and in recent months by a series of distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, a massive number of access attempts, which are believed to have been from the communist regime.


Yonhap



dictionary dictionary | 프린트 메일로보내기 내블로그에 저장