Joongang ilbo Co.,Ltd takes your personal information very importantly and observes the Act on Promotion of Information & Communication Network Utilization and Information Protection. Joins.com informs through the personal information protection policy on how the user’s personal information is used and for what purpose and what actions the company takes to protect the users’ personal information.
After reading the personal information protection policy of the “Company” please understand how your personal information is used while using the service provided by the “Company.” The “Company’s” personal information protection policy can change by the guideline of the government law and through “Company’s” policy change. While using the service of Joins.com Inc, please visit the Joins.com Web site frequently and confirm the changes.
The order of this Personal Information Protection Policy is as the following.
Joongang ilbo Co.,Ltd “uses the personal information to confirm users, statistical analysis of payment of fee and product shipping as marketing data to provide the best service.”
The detail purpose for collecting and using the collected personal information is as follows.
Joongang ilbo Co.,Ltd. does not provide the personal information to a third party, third company or other organizations for purposes that exceeds the limit states in the 『 Purpose of collecting and using personal information』in any circumstances except when the user has agreed or it is by the related laws.
When providing or sharing the personal information of the members, we will inform the users in advance in who will receive the information for what purpose, what field the company focuses on, for what purpose the information is being provided or shared and what parts of information is being revealed and will go through a agreement process where users can either agree or refuse to this act through e-mail or through documents.
In most of the cases, only the e-mail address of the users will be disclosed. When we share the personal information of the users more than we have noticed, we will inform the users before we send the personal information.
However, in the following cases, we can provide the personal information without prior notice, regarding the related laws.
- When it is needed to calculate the fee related to service
- When the data is needed to make statistics, scientific research, market research and is provided in a form where the individual cannot be known
- When there is a special regulation in the laws on real name financial transaction and secrets, Law on credit information and its use and protection, framework act on communications, framework act on communication business, local tax law, Consumer Protection Act, the Bank of Korea Act, Criminal Procedure Law
- When request by government organizations by the Framework Act on Communications and other laws
- When there is request from the Korea Internet Safety Commission to investigate for crimes and other procedures stated by law
Joongang ilbo Co.,Ltd. receives agreement for collecting the user’s personal information. You can either click “Agree” button on the user’s agreement or Joongang ilbo's personal information protection policy or click “Cancel” related to collecting your personal data. When you click the “agree” button, we regard that you have agreed to for us to collect your personal information.
To protect your personal information and to take care of the complaints related to personal information, Joongang ilbo has employees that are in charge of personal information. If you have any questions related to personal information, please contact the people in charge listed below. We will answer your questions as quickly as possible and sincerely.
Joongang ilbo collects the minimum amount of personal information to provide services when users join as members.
To use the service provided by Joongang ilbo Co.,Ltd, you must input the ID you prefer, password, name, address, phone number, birth date, and e-mail address essentially. However, the additional information as occupation, hobby, interest field, income, marriage status is not required and does not have any influence in using the service.
When you wish to purchase a product through Joongang ilbo, you must provide the following additional information to make the payments (and for product shipping).
- Joongang ilbo Co.,Ltd operates “Cookie” which frequently stores user’s information. Cookie is a very small text file that the server used to operate the Web site sends to the users’ browsers and is stored in the user’s computer hard disk.
- For the following purposes, Joongang ilbo Co.,Ltd. uses cookie.
- Users can view and change the personal information that is registered at the site. When you wish to view or change the personal data, log in and click My Joins > Personal Information and after verifying oneself, you can view or change the data by yourself or contact the person in charge of personal information through letter, telephone or e-mail and we will take measures immediately.
- Then the user has requested to change the error in the personal information then until the error has been completely changed, we do not use or provide the personal data. In addition, when the previous data has been already submitted to a third party, we will immediately notify the third party of the error to have the error corrected.
- The user can withdraw his or her agreement for collecting and using their personal data when they joined as a member at anytime they wish. To withdraw their agreement (withdraw their membership) click My Joins on the main page of Joongang ilbo Co.,Ltd and click on the sub menu Personal Information > termination after confirming oneself, you can terminate (cancel membership) yourself or request to the person in charge of personal information by letter, phone call, e-mail to do so and they will take immediate measures to delete your personal data.
- While you are a member of Joongang ilbo Co.,Ltd and receive service by Joongang ilbo Co.,Ltd, Joins will store your personal information and use it to provide service.
- When a Joongang ilbo Co.,Ltd member requests to cancel its ID according to 8. Termination (Cancellation of membership) procedure and when the information received by the provider has met the purpose for collecting the personal data, the personal information is completely deleted from the hard disk and can not be restored by any way and viewed or used for any purpose.
- But, to prevent indiscrete joining/cancelling of certain ID due to ownership dispute, the company holds the record whether the ID has been used and it an automatic system to prevent rejoining using a specific ID.
- In addition, in cases where personal data should be stored even after the purpose has been achieved after collecting or receiving the personal data, the company can hold the personal data of the users.
- Children under age 14 (Hereafter “Children”) can join as a member through a separate user agreement form that uses easy to understand terminologies and when collecting personal data, the company should receive agreement from their legal representatives in advance.
- Joongang ilbo Co.,Ltd collects the minimum personal information as name and addresses of the legal representatives of the children to receive agreement and receives agreement from the legal representatives through the procedure states in the “Privacy Protection Guideline.”
- The legal representatives of the children can request to view, change and delete the children’s personal data. When they wish to view, change or delete the child’s personal data, they can do so by logging in and clicking My Joins > Personal Data and verifying themselves as legal representatives and view, change or delete the information in person or request the person in charge of personal information by letter, phone or e-mail to do so and they will take immediate measures.
- Joongang ilbo Co.,Ltd does not provide a child’s personal information or share it with a third party and when the legal representative requests to change an error in the personal data collected from the child, the company prohibits using or providing the certain personal data until the error has been fixed.
- Joongang ilbo's teenager protection policy observes the Teenager Protection Law and is to protect the teenagers from harmful surroundings and to help them develop healthy characteristics. Joongang ilbo follows the Korea Internet Safety Commission guidelines and decisions on media that is harmful to youth, restrict youth under 19 to access to harmful information.
- Joongang ilbo restricts harmful information as pornography and illegal information through service agreements, policies the company has set. The company tries hard to strictly restrict unethical and antisocial acts that harm the youth to grow soundly.
- User’s personal information is protected through the password and only the user him/herself can have access to the personal information. You can make changes in your Joongang ilbo personal information using the user ID and password.
- You must not your password to anyone. Joongang ilbo does not call you or send e-mails to ask your password. And when you have finished using the service, you must log out and close the Web browser. This is to prevent other people to see your personal information and the service record when you share a computer with another person or use internet in an internet café, library or other public places.
- The company will do its best to protect the user’s personal information, but we cannot ensure you that sending data using the internet cannot be 100% safe. Therefore, one should follow the user guideline to protect the personal information and please pay special attention in protecting your precious personal data.
- When on-line- for example through bulletin boards, e-mails or in chatting rooms- please always keep in mind that the information you provide voluntarily can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post your personal information online where people can access to freely, you might receive messages from places you don’t want to get.
- The responsibility to maintain security for your own user ID and password is the member’s own responsibility. Therefore, when you are on-line, please pay special attention to it.
- User guideline to protect personal information
① Provide personal information only when it is needed.
② Confirm the personal protection policy when providing personal information.
③ When users can chose between opening or closing the personal information, chose to close the information.
④ Do not post your own or others’ personal information on blog or bulletin boards.
⑤ Search your name, social security number, phone numbers and other personal information through portal search engines periodically to see if your information has been disclosed.
⑥ When your personal information has been disclosed, you should request immediately to the according Web site or portal search engine to delete your personal information.
- If you need to report or receive consultation regarding personal information infringement, contact the personal information infringement reporting center within the Korea Information Security Agency Web site.
- This personal information protection policy has been amended on September 23, 2014 and if there is any change, additional information or elimination according to the law, policy or security technology change the company must inform this at least ten days before the policy is enacted on the Joins.com Web site and its reason for such change.