Rooms to rent ― and villas, and apartments, and houses

Home > Culture > Features

print dictionary print

Rooms to rent ― and villas, and apartments, and houses
Since 1997, these housing agents have specialized in houses, apartments, villas, studios, serviced residences and commercial offices in Seoul. The Web site lists pictures from grand exterior shots to close-ups of, depending on the place, kitchens, lobbies and living rooms. The two people behind the company are a real estate agent and an interior designer.
There’s also a guest board with people looking for roommates, interior designer advertisements, and additional housing listings. If you’re leaving Korea for London, the United States or Hong Kong, there are links to housing sites in those countries.
Seoul Housing Realty Consulting caters to foreigners. The company helps with relocation as well as sales, investment counseling and interior design. Relocation includes electricity hookup, installing cable TV, Internet, phone service and drinking water and assistance with buying cars, furniture, electric appliances and housing furnishings. When you leave Korea, the company will help you make arrangements to return to your country.
The Web site explains the types of housing, from villas to apartments. It also explains the concepts of key money and monthly deposit.
The specialty of this site is serviced apartments, also known as corporate housing and apartment-hotels. The company can link you with places in Jung-gu, like the Fraser Suites, or the Oakwood Premier COEX Center in Gangnam. Each serviced apartment is explained in depth on a separate link. From these links, you can read about location, accommodations and facilities. You can also contact the apartments directly.
For general information, try this site, which is hosted by the Seoul government offices. Under “Living in Seoul” is a section on housing. There are explanations on types of residences, moving and even waste disposal. There’s also a listing of real estate agents.

by Joe Yong-hee
Log in to Twitter or Facebook account to connect
with the Korea JoongAng Daily
help-image Social comment?
lock icon

To write comments, please log in to one of the accounts.

Standards Board Policy (0/250자)

What’s Popular Now