JoongAng Ilbo seeking applicants for Y20 SummitThe JoongAng Ilbo is now accepting applicants for the Y20 Summit, in which youngsters from the Group of 20 nations will gather to discuss the present and future of international society. The events, held under the theme “Future leaders, head to the world’s center,” are to take place from February through October.
Not only Korean university students but also foreign students in Korea are eligible to participate. The event, which will follow the format of the Group of 20 Summit, is sponsored by the Presidential Committee for the G-20 Summit and the Presidential Council on Nation Branding.
The orientation will take place in April and the working group will meet in May. The financial ministerial meeting, Sherpa meeting and leaders’ summit will take place in October.
Those who wish to represent G-20 member economies should submit their applications to the Y20 Summit Preparatory Headquarters from Feb. 22 to March 31. The Joong-Ang Ilbo hopes to see many young leaders participate in this event.
* Host: JoongAng Ilbo
* Sponsors: The Presidential Committee for the G-20 Summit and the Presidential Council on Nation Branding
* Cooperating universities: Graduate School of Pan-Pacific International Studies at Kyung Hee University, Graduate School of International Studies at Korea University, Graduate School of International Studies at Sogang University, Graduate School of International Studies at Seoul National University, Graduate School of International Studies at Yonsei University, Graduate School of International Studies at Ewha Womans University, Graduate School of International Studies at Chung-Ang University, Graduate School of International and Area Studies at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies and Graduate School of International Studies at Hanyang University
* Application period: Today to Wednesday, March 31
* Requirements: Applicants must be undergraduate or graduate students in Korea or abroad who can speak English fluently. Students from G-20 member economies will have an advantage.
* Application materials: Application form can be downloaded at
* Inquiries: Y20 Summit Preparatory Headquarters, (02)2000-6097,
* Benefits: Outstanding participants will be named “G-20 summit bloggers” and given the opportunity to cover the Group of 20 Summit in November from the press center.
An outstanding participant will be named an honorary student reporter of the JoongAng Daily and have the chance to publish a bylined article. All will receive a certificate of participation in the Y20 Summit.
More in Social Affairs
Covid-19 cases pass 600 as Seoul hits a record high
Aide at center of Lee Nak-yon probe dies in apparent suicide
Students across the country take CSATs amid surging virus cases
Disciplinary hearing for top prosecutor is postponed