Trouble on Chuseok? Who you gonna call?

Home > National > Social Affairs

print dictionary print

Trouble on Chuseok? Who you gonna call?

As most companies are expected to take a week off during Chuseok, the Seoul city government arranged several foreign language services for expatriates who need help for unexpected accidents or injuries during the long holiday.

The “120 Dasan Call Center” has English-speaking operators from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week, to assist foreign residents in Seoul. Dial 120 and then three and follow the voice prompts.

“1339,” a 24-hour emergency medical information center, has English, Japanese, and Chinese speaking staff members.

The center can refer you to the nearest hospital or pharmacy and inform the 119 emergency service center. Just dial 1339.

In case of fire, call 119. If a receptionist cannot speak English, he or she will forward the caller to another receptionist.

For trains, the Korail phone service will book reservations for foreigners, but only if they’re Korail members. General services such as train schedules are available for nonmembers. Call 1544-7788 and press seven for English service.

For information regarding traffic on the highways, TBS eFM has English reports on weather and traffic every 15 minutes from 7 a.m. to midnight.

By Kim Hee-jin []

Log in to Twitter or Facebook account to connect
with the Korea JoongAng Daily
help-image Social comment?
lock icon

To write comments, please log in to one of the accounts.

Standards Board Policy (0/250자)

What’s Popular Now