English writing competitionThe 5th IEWC (International English Writing Competition) will start on
Oct. 24 and is co-hosted by Yonsei University and JoongAng Ilbo.
The IEWC is the premier competition in Korea to test contestants’ English writing ability.
Experts in English composition from Yonsei University and editors of the IHT-JoongAng Daily will judge the submissions from elementary, middle and high school students. Since the goal of the IEWC is to challenge contestants to think and express themselves in an ever more globalized world, the competition is also open to college students and the general public.
And starting this year, students from regional areas will have a greater chance at winning awards as regional categories will be added to age categories.
* Contest date: Sunday, Oct. 24 at 2 p.m.
* Application due date: Sunday, Oct. 10. Please refer to the official Web site:
* Categories: 3rd-4th grade elementary school students, 5th-6th grade elementary
school students, middle school, high school, college students, the general public,
and 16 regional categories
* Information: 02-6363-8835
* Organized by: Yonsei University, JoongAng Ilbo
* Managed by: Yonsei University FLI Writing Center, Yonsei English BK21,
IHT-JoongAng Daily, JEduline
* Sponsored by: self-regulating private high schools, international middle and
high schools, foreign language high schools, foreign schools
* Co-sponsored by: LG