Seoul seeks foreigners to help with its expat office

Home > National >

print dictionary print

Seoul seeks foreigners to help with its expat office

The Seoul Metropolitan Government is looking for expatriates interested in working for the city’s Foreign Residence Assistance Division.

A naturalized Korean citizen, marriage immigrant or a foreigner who has lived in Korea over one year are eligible, the city government announced on Thursday. A good command of the Korean language is required.

The city government plans to hire three full-time foreign staff to help with policies for the 330,000 expatriates in Seoul.

The contract is on a one-year basis and can be extended up to five years depending on the individual’s performance.

Some of the major tasks that will be handled by foreign staff include promoting Seoul city’s expatriate policies and improve expats’ living and working conditions.

Experience in public relations, cultural exchanges or expatriate assistance programs are a plus, as are fluency in Vietnamese, Mongolian, Tagalog, Thai or Russian, according to the requirements issued by the city government.

The government will be accepting applications at the office of the Foreign Residence Assistance Division located on the third floor of the Korea Press Center from April 18 to April 22. Only those who pass the initial documentation screening process will be given interviews. To download the application letter visit

The city government plans to announce recruitment results in early May, with the new staff starting work in June.

For more information, call Dasan Call Center 120, Foreign Residence Assistance Division (02) 2171-2294 or visit the Web site of the Seoul Global Center.

By Kim Mi-ju []
Log in to Twitter or Facebook account to connect
with the Korea JoongAng Daily
help-image Social comment?
lock icon

To write comments, please log in to one of the accounts.

Standards Board Policy (0/250자)