Yeosu Expo resumes its online ticketing system

Home > National > Social Affairs

print dictionary print

Yeosu Expo resumes its online ticketing system

Visitors to the Yeosu Expo will once again be allowed to make online reservations for admissions to eight popular exhibitions, including the aquarium, the expo organizing committee said on Tuesday.

The announcement comes less than a month after the committee had scrapped its pre-booking system on May 27 in response to mounting complaints from visitors who hadn¡¯t booked in advance and had to wait in long lines.

"After we unplugged the online reservation system, we continuously monitored the situation and found out that visitors from the Seoul area were not motivated to come to Yeosu and look around because they were not guaranteed tickets," said Cho Yong-hwan, the organizing committee's PR chief. The online ticket reservation system will be resumed starting this Saturday at 6 a.m. for eight exhibitions. But only 30 percent of total visitors allowed at each exhibition hall will be able to make reservations in advance every day from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. for the next two weeks. The remaining 70 percent of visitors will enter on a first-come, first-served basis.

By Lee Eun-joo[angie@joongang.co.kr]

More in Social Affairs

Seoul online mall lets public institutes purchase from small businesses

Kids, parents relieved as schools reopen

Daily infections drop below 100 but untraceable cases cause concern

Seoul sues Sarang Jeil Church for W4 billion

'Traceless' infections are Korea's new coronavirus worry

Log in to Twitter or Facebook account to connect
with the Korea JoongAng Daily
help-image Social comment?
lock icon

To write comments, please log in to one of the accounts.

Standards Board Policy (0/250자)

What’s Popular Now