TV 출연 미인들 다들 비슷비슷한 얼굴 앞으로는 ‘역성형’ 유행할지도

Home > >

print dictionary print

TV 출연 미인들 다들 비슷비슷한 얼굴 앞으로는 ‘역성형’ 유행할지도

북한이 퍼스트레이디 이설주의 실명을 전격 공개했다. 정치적인 맥락을 빼고 순전히 외모만 본다면 이설주는 전형적인 북한 미인에 속한다. 노래를 잘 부르고 김일성대학에 재학 중이라는 말도 있으니 재색을 겸비한 인물이 아닐까 싶다. 어느 나라 어느 인종이나 미남미녀가 있다. 시대 지역에 따라 기준이 차이 나긴 하지만 공통점은 얼굴몸매의 균형미인 듯하다.

내가 한 영작

Pyongyang has unveiled North Korea’s ⓐFirst Lady ⓑRi Sol-ju. Regardless of political context of ⓒher presence, she is a typical North Korean beauty. There are ⓓrumors that she is a great singer and a student at Kim Il-sung University, so she may be a woman of both ⓔphysical beauty and talents. ⓕThe standard of beauty varies for different country and ethnicity. However, the universal standard is the symmetrical beauty of the face and body.

ⓐ First Lady → new first lady 고유명사가 아니므로 소문자로
ⓑ Ri Sol-ju. Regardless of…. → Ri Sol-ju, and regardless of…. 하고자 하는 말이 리설주를 북한이 공개했다는 내용이 아니라 리설주가 미인이라는 것을 얘기하고자 하는 것이므로 접속사 and로 연결하여 뒤의 사실을 첫 문장의 주된 내용으로 함
ⓒ of her presence → 생략 불필요하고 어색한 부분 생략
ⓓ rumors that she… → rumors she…. 구어체에 가까운 칼럼이므로 that 생략
ⓔ physical beauty and talents → beauty and talent 굳이 physical을 안 써도 미모를 뜻하는 것을 알 수 있음
ⓕ The standard of beauty varies for different country and ethnicity. However, the universal standard is the symmetrical beauty of the face and body → The idea of beauty may vary, but the universal standard is a symmetry of face and body. 미의 기준이 다를 수 있다는 것이 주된 내용이 아니라 미의 보편적인 기준이 얼굴과 몸의 균형에 있다는 것이 표현하고자 하는 것임


Writing Tip

Pyongyang has unveiled North Korea’s ⓐnew first lady, ⓑRi Sol-ju, and regardless of political contextⓒ she is a typical North Korean beauty.
There are ⓓrumors she is a great singer and a student at Kim Il Sung University, so she may be a woman of both ⓔbeauty and talent. ⓕThe idea of beauty may vary, but the universal standard is a symmetry of face and body.


눈에 뜨일 정도의 미남미녀는 대체로 인구의 5% 선이라 한다. 뛰어난 균형미로 나머지 95%와 차별화된 행운아들이다. 그러나 요즘 TV를 보면 한결같이 미인이긴 한데 너무들 똑같다. 아나운서도 탤런트도 마찬가지다. 올해 미스코리아 진이 성형미인이라는 사실에서 시사점을 찾을 수 있을 듯하다. 똑같으면 지겹다. 성형이 계속 유행한다면 앞으로 차별화 포인트를 강조하는 일종의 역(逆)성형이 각광받을지도 모르겠다

내가 한 영작

After all, about 5 percent of ⓐthe entire population is notably beautiful. They are the lucky ones with outstanding symmetry and look distinctly charming ⓑthan the remaining 95 percent. But nowadays, celebrities and television personalities are all beautiful yet similar. ⓒThe newscasters and actors look the same. Even ⓓone who was crowned Miss Korea this year has had plastic surgeries. If everyone looks the same, it gets boring. If plastic surgery continues to be popular, people will someday get plastic surgery to look different from others.

ⓐ the entire population → the population entire 없이도 인구 전체를 뜻함
ⓑ than the remaining 95 percent → 생략 앞서서 비교급이 나오지 않았음
ⓒ The newscasters and actors → Newscasters and actors 대상이 지정되지 않는 경우 the를 써서는 안됨
ⓓ one → the one 정해진 한 명을 뜻하므로 the를 씀

Writing Tip

After all, only about 5 percent of ⓐthe population is notably beautiful. They are the lucky ones with outstanding symmetry and look distinctly charmingⓑ. But nowadays, celebrities and television personalities are all beautiful yet similar. ⓒNewscasters and actors look the same. Even ⓓthe one who was crowned Miss Korea this year has had plastic surgeries. If everyone looks the same, it gets boring. If plastic surgery continues to be popular, people will someday get plastic surgery to look different from each other.

Related Stories

Log in to Twitter or Facebook account to connect
with the Korea JoongAng Daily
help-image Social comment?
s
lock icon

To write comments, please log in to one of the accounts.

Standards Board Policy (0/250자)

What’s Popular Now