Naver operator wants to step up mobile presence

Home > Business > Economy

print dictionary print

Naver operator wants to step up mobile presence

NHN Corporation, operator of Korea’s top portal Naver.com, said yesterday it plans to set up two subsidiaries as part of efforts to strengthen its mobile business.

NHN said it has won board approval to inject 40 billion won ($37 million) each into Camp Mobile and LINE Plus.

Under the plan, the company will hold a 100 percent stake in Camp Mobile, which will pioneer NHN’s new mobile services.

NHN will also own a 40 percent stake in LINE Plus, which will support the company’s flagship mobile messenger service LINE that recently reached 100 million downloads globally. NHN Japan will hold the remaining 60 percent stake.

The company, meanwhile, said it plans to spin off Hangame, a gaming unit it acquired in 2000, as part of efforts to boost competitiveness.

The company is set to announce fourth-quarter earnings today.

Yonhap

More in Economy

Gangbuk beats Gangnam

600,000 jobs added last year, but many public or welfare

Consumer price gains pick up speed in November

Life expectancy up 7 months for Koreans born in 2019

OECD knocks tenth of a point off Korea's 2020 growth

Log in to Twitter or Facebook account to connect
with the Korea JoongAng Daily
help-image Social comment?
lock icon

To write comments, please log in to one of the accounts.

Standards Board Policy (0/250자)

What’s Popular Now