[Cooking with Her Excellency, Serbia] L.A. galbi (thinly sliced barbecued short ribs)
1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) beef short ribs
150 milliliters (2/3 cup) soy sauce
150 milliliters (2/3 cup) water
75 grams (1/3 cup) sugar
75 grams (1/3 cup) honey
100 grams (1/2 cup) onion, minced
50 grams garlic (1/4 cup), minced
10 grams (2 teaspoons) black pepper
10 milliliters (2 teaspoons) sesame oil
Sesame seeds, minced pine nuts and sliced green onion for garnish
1. Wash and rinse meat in cold running water for 3 hours. Set aside.
2. Puree all ingredients for the sauce in a blender until completely smooth.
3. Evenly coat the meat in sauce and let it sit in the fridge for 1 hour.
4. Turn the ribs over and leave to marinate for another hour.
5. Heat a pan over high heat until smoke rises, and grill the meat for 2 minutes on each side.
6. Coat the meat with sauce on both sides and grill both sides for 2 minutes more.
7. Garnish with sesame seeds, minced pine nuts and sliced green onions.
Serve with a side of grilled tomato, mushroom and onion.