Bibimbap (rice with vegetables and spicy sauce)
. 1 egg . sesame oil
. 30 grams (2 tablespoons) zucchini
. 30 grams (2 tablespoons) doraji, or bellflower roots
. 30 grams (2 tablespoons) gosari, or bracken
. 30 grams (2 tablespoons) mung bean jelly
. 30 grams (2 tablespoons) shiitake mushroom
. 30 grams (2 tablespoons) spinach
. 30 grams (2 tablespoons) carrot
. 20 grams (4 teaspoons) salt
. 300 grams (1½ cups) cooked rice
. 1½ liters (6 cups) water
. 15 grams (1/2 ounce) minced beef (top round)
. 20 grams (2 tablespoons) minced onion
. 15 grams (3 teaspoons) minced garlic
. 95 grams (6 tablespoons) gochujang, or red pepper paste
. 18 grams (1½ tablespoons) sugar
. 15 grams (1/2 ounce) dashima, or kelp Serves 1
1. Separate egg yolk and white and cook each separately in a small pan greased with sesame oil. Cut each into thin strips 5 centimeters (2 inches) long.
2. Slice zucchini into 5-centimeter strips and saute for 30 seconds over high heat, adding more oil as needed.
3. Slice bellflower roots into 5-centimeter strips and saute for 5 minutes over high heat.
4. Slice bracken into 5-centimeter strips and saute for 3 minutes over medium heat. Repeat with carrot.
5. Add salt to 2 cups of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add mung bean jelly and cook for 30 seconds. Repeat with shiitake mushroom and spinach. Slice each in 5-centimeter strips.
6. For sauce, boil kelp in 4 cups of water for 10 minutes over medium heat. Remove the kelp and save the water.
7. Saute beef for 3 minutes over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and 2 teaspoons of sesame oil and cook for 3 minutes. Add red pepper paste and sugar and cook for 5 minutes more. Then add kelp water and boil for 3 minutes.
8. To serve, place rice in the center of a bowl, arranging the toppings around the sides. Pour the sauce on top.