[Cooking with Her Excellency] Gungjung japchae (potato starch noodles with vegetables)
10 grams (1 tablespoon) dry shiitake mushroom
3 grams (1 teaspoon) dry ear mushroom
70 grams (1/2 cup) cucumber
30 grams carrot (3 tablespoons)
30 grams bellflower roots (3 tablespoons)
50 grams (1/3 cup) onion 1 egg
30 grams (3 tablespoons) bean sprouts
60 grams (3/4 cup) dangmyeon, or cellophane noodles
Seasoning No. 1:
1/4 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon sesame salt
1/4 teaspoon green onion, minced
1/8 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 pinch black pepper
Seasoning No. 2:
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
1. Prepare seasoning Nos. 1 and 2 in separate bowls.
2. Soak shiitake and ear mushrooms in warm water for an hour. Remove stem from shiitake mushroom and cut in strips. Slice ear mushroom and combine with seasoning No. 1. Separately saute each ingredient over medium heat for 2 minutes. Set aside.
3. Cut cucumber in strips and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for 5 minutes. Repeat with carrot. Saute separately over high heat for 30 seconds. Set aside.
4. Slice bellflower roots in strips and wash with salt. Slice onion. Separately saute over medium heat for 2 minutes. Set aside.
5. Separate egg yolk from white and fry each separately. Cut into strips and set aside.
6. For bean sprouts, remove beans and excess threads from each end. Bring water to a boil and cook bean sprouts over high heat for 2 minutes. Add 1/8 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
7. Bring water to a boil and cook the noodles over high heat for 8 minutes. Chop and mix with seasoning No. 2.
8. Combine all ingredients and serve.