[Cooking with Her Excellency, portugal] Portuguese codfish with baked potatoes
1 medium-sized salted, dried codfish, sliced into 6 pieces
12 small potatoes
250 grams (1 cup) olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup rock salt
1 bay leaf
3 medium-sized onions
1 teaspoon paprika
1. Soak codfish in cold water for an entire day, changing the water four times. If the fish tastes just right, proceed to the next step. If it remains salty, change the water again.
2. Rinse the fish and remove the bones. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (356 degrees Fahrenheit).
3. Place the fish in a baking dish covered with foil.
4. Make holes in the potatoes using a fork or knife. Rub the potatoes with olive oil and rock salt, and then place them in the baking dish with the fish.
5. Chop the onion and place in dish among the fish and potatoes.
6. Drizzle some olive oil over everything and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
7. For sauce, pour remaining olive oil in a sauce pan and add minced garlic, paprika and bay leaf. Bring to boil over medium heat.
8. To serve, drizzle sauce over fish and potatoes, and garnish with olives and parsley.