Miljeonbyeong (buckwheat pancake roll)
4 mid-sized dried shiitake mushrooms
200 grams (1 cup) zucchini
30 grams (2 tablespoons) carrot
100 grams (1/2 cup) red bell pepper
50 grams (3 tablespoons) bamboo shoots
100 grams (6½ tablespoons) beef sirloin (seasoning: 1/6 teaspoon minced garlic, 1 teaspoon soybean sauce, 1 teaspoon sugar)
1/4 teaspoon garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons mustard
2 teaspoons apple vinegar
2 cups buckwheat flour
2.5 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1. Soak shitake mushrooms in warm water for 1 hour. Dice into strips of 5 centimeters (2 inches) and set aside.
2. Dice zucchini, bell pepper, carrot, bamboo shoot into strips of 5 centimeters. Set aside.
3. Mix sirloin with seasoning ingredients. Set aside.
4. Separately saute each of the above over high heat for 1-2 minutes.
5. Mix all of the sauteed ingredients together and season with salt, garlic, sesame seeds, mustard, mayonnaise and apple vinegar.
6. Combine pancake ingredients and pour the batter into a pan greased with cooking oil. Cook over low heat for 30 seconds on each side. Cut into a 20-by-7-centimeter rectangle.
7. Arrange the fillings on top of the fried pancake. Roll the pancake up and over the fillings, as with making gimbap (rice roll).
8. Cut the roll into slices and serve.