Wiener schnitzel (thin, breaded cutlet made from veal)
800 grams (1.75 pounds) veal fillets, cut into 4 pieces
200 grams (1 cup) clarified butter
125 grams (1 cup) coarse-ground flour
125 grams (1/2 cup) breadcrumbs, non-flavored
1. Pound veal fillet well on both sides, and then dip into flour.
2. Blend eggs with butter, vegetable oil, salt and pepper. Dip fillet into the mixture.
3. Gently cover fillet with breadcrumbs, making sure not to press with fingers.
4. Fry fillet in vegetable oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side until they are golden-brown.
5. Serve with parsley-sprinkled potatoes or cucumber salad mixed with potatoes. Lemon goes on top of the veal, squeezed if preferred.