Haemul pajeon (seafood scallion pancake)
2 kilograms (4.4 pounds) scallions
50 grams (3 tablespoons) shrimp
50 grams (3 tablespoons) clams
50 grams (3 tablespoons) mussels
200 milliliters (7 ounces) cooking oil
50 grams (3 tablespoons) red pepper, sliced into strips
50 grams (3 tablespoons) green pepper, diced
300 grams (1 ½ cup) pancake mix
300 grams (1 ½ cup) glutinous rice flour
500 milliliters (2 cups) water
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons water
1 ½ teaspoon vinegar 1 teaspoon scallions, diced
1 teaspoon sesame oil 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
2 teaspoons ground sesame mixed with salt
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
1. Rinse scallions and cut them into long strips of about 15 centimeters (6 inches). Set aside.
2. Rinse shrimp, clams and mussels, and cut them into
single bite-sizes. Beat eggs. Set aside.
3. Mix pancake mix with 250 milliliters of water, and mix glutinous rice flour with 250 milliliters of water. Set aside.
4. Lay a handful of scallions on an oil-coated pan over medium heat, and separately pour pancake batter and glutinous rice flour batter on top.
5. Add shrimp, clams and mussels for one serving on top. Pour in eggs, and sprinkle red and green pepper slices and salt to taste. Cook for 1 minute and flip over to repeat.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the other four servings until all ingredients for the pancakes are used.
7. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce and serve with finished pancakes.