Kkotgejjim (steamed crabs)
* 6 mid-sized crabs
* 300 grams (1½ cup) beef ribs, minced
* 200 grams (1 cup) shrimps, minced
* 1 cup wheat flour
* 1 mid-sized onion, minced
* 4 mid-sized green chilies, minced
* Sesame oil
* 4 mid-sized red chilies, minced
* Sesame salt
* 500 grams (18 ounces) tofu, minced
* 1 mid-sized green onion, minced
* Black pepper
* 30 grams (2 tablespoons) shiitake mushrooms, minced
* 30 grams (2 tablespoons) rock mushrooms, minced
* 200 grams (1 cup) water parsley, minced
* 6 eggs, boiled
* 100 grams (½ cup) glutinous rice flour
* 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
½ tablespoon ginger, minced
1. Rinse crabs and separate roe from crabmeat. Save the shells.
2. Separate egg yolk from white and grate each separately.
3. In a large bowl, mix crabmeat, beef, shrimp, onions,
water parsley, shiitake mushrooms, tofu, green onions, garlic and ginger. Throw in a dash of salt, sesame salt,
sesame oil and black pepper.
4. Sprinkle wheat flour on the bottom of each crab shell, and fill in crabs with the mixed ingredients. Sprinkle
glutinous rice flour on top, and place them in a
steamer to cook for about 20 minutes.
5. After the crabs are steamed, place the remaining
ingredients - boiled whites and yolks, chilies and rock mushrooms - separately on top for garnish.