Prosecutors find Jung Joon-young innocentSinger Jung Joon-young was found innocent by prosecutors in their recent investigation regarding his sex tape scandal involving his ex-girlfriend.
The Seoul Eastern District Prosecutors Office said on Thursday, “After an inspection of the contents in the suspect’s phone, there were no videos or photos indicating sexual degradation of the accuser.”
The singer previously held a press conference on Sept. 25 regarding the case, saying, “I filmed a short clip of us with my ex-girlfriend’s permission in February while we were still dating. It was meant as a joke and was deleted immediately.” His phone was handed over for investigation shortly after.
Meanwhile, the accuser was revealed to have dropped charges against Jung, and also submitted a total of three petitions for his innocence, saying, “The clip only lasted for two seconds and didn’t imply anything sexual.”
“We don’t know why he was accused of secretly filming in the first place,” the singer’s agency, C9 Entertainment said in response to the results of the investigation. “There is currently nothing planned for his return to television. We will provide an update after carefully discussing it with Jung. Thank you.”
By Chung Jin-hong