Daewoo E&C, Tata to build $863 million bridge in India

Home > Business > Industry

print dictionary print

Daewoo E&C, Tata to build $863 million bridge in India

Daewoo Engineering & Construction, a major construction firm here, said Monday it will partner with Tata Projects to build a 953 billion-won ($863 million) bridge in India.

Daewoo E&C and TPL won the order from the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (Mmrda).

Mmrda plans to build the 22-kilometer-long (13.7-mile-long) Mumbai Trans Harbour Sea-Link as part of the $2.2 billion project, Daewoo E&C said in a statement.

The two builders won “Package 2” of the mega project and will complete their part of the total project in the next 54 months. Daewoo E&C holds a 60 percent stake in the 7.8-kilometer Package 2 project, with the remaining 40 percent held by TPL, it said. YONHAP

More in Industry

Contract signed for Covid-19 vaccine

Teas the season

Empty Chairs at Empty Table

Is China's post-Thaad ban on Korean games finally over?

Local fast fashion booms as Uniqlo tanks, pandemic hits

Log in to Twitter or Facebook account to connect
with the Korea JoongAng Daily
help-image Social comment?
lock icon

To write comments, please log in to one of the accounts.

Standards Board Policy (0/250자)

What’s Popular Now