LS-Nikko Copper secures copper concentrate supply

Home > Business > Industry

print dictionary print

LS-Nikko Copper secures copper concentrate supply

S-Nikko Copper, a leading copper-processing company in Korea, said Monday that it signed a five-year deal with BHP Billiton PLC to purchase 1.65 million tons of copper concentrate from the Australian miner.

In the deal, LS-Nikko Copper will receive 330,000 tons a year of copper concentrate from the Chile-based Escondida mine operated by BHP Billiton from 2019 to 2023, the company said in a statement. The company didn’t provide the value of the contract.

Copper concentrate is a key raw material needed to produce electrolytic copper, gold, silver, palladium and pure sulfuric acid. The company expects that the 1.65 million tons of copper concentrate from BHP will be used to produce 3 trillion won ($2.64 billion) worth of those products, it said. LS Holdings owns a 50.1 percent stake in LS-Nikko Copper, with the remaining 49.9 percent held by Japan Korea Joint Smelting.


Yonhap

More in Industry

Volvo XC60 ranks No. 1 for residual value in Encar study

Binggrae to scoop up ice cream competitor after FTC approves merger

LG accepting orders for rollable, $85K television

Shinsegae Group chair passes down shares to children

This Chuseok, the gift sets are meaty, boozy and pricey

Log in to Twitter or Facebook account to connect
with the Korea JoongAng Daily
help-image Social comment?
lock icon

To write comments, please log in to one of the accounts.

Standards Board Policy (0/250자)

What’s Popular Now