‘2 Days & 1 Night’ to return soonTV network KBS will begin shooting the fourth season of its famed variety program franchise “2 Days & 1 Night,” the network said on Thursday evening.
“After careful deliberation, we have decided to organize the fourth season of ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ so that it can air by the end of this year,” the network said through an official press release.
“We will go back to the basics and make sure to make it so that it can be enjoyed by everyone in the family.”
The specific dates and the cast has not been decided yet, said KBS.
“2 Days & 1 Night” stopped production in March, when one of its featured stars Jung Joon-young was found to have been shooting and sharing illegal sex videos of women through a local chat app.
The program was criticized by the public because Jung had already been mired in similar rumors years ago, but the show helped him to get back on TV despite demands from the audience that he take time off.
In September 2016, Jung’s ex-girlfriend reported Jung to the police for filming her without consent during sexual intercourse. His agency at the time described it as “a misunderstanding between him and his former partner,” and the court ruled him not guilty because “he did not shoot the parts of her body that could have humiliated her.”
Two years later, after police began to investigate Seungri of boy band Big Bang, they found out that Jung had actually been shooting and sharing sex videos frequently.
The show was again the center of controversy when two other stars, Cha Tae-hyun and Kim Jun-ho, were caught gambling over the results of golf games.
Thursday’s announcement came as the first official news about the show in five months.
By Yoon So-yeon