Remaining ‘Phantom of the Opera’ staff test negative for coronavirusAfter two of the musical’s actors tested positive for the coronavirus last week, the remaining “The Phantom of the Opera” staff members have tested negative for Covid-19.
The remaining Korean dates for the musical’s world tour were subsequently suspended.
A Canadian actor tested positive on March 31, and an American actor tested positive on April 2.
“We hereby confirm that 126 members out of the total 128 of the musical have all tested negative,” Clip Service, the company in charge of the Korean performances, announced Monday.
“Regardless of the test results, all 126 members have been self-quarantined from April 1 and will be for the rest of the two-week period,” the company said. “The two actors who tested positive are receiving treatment.”
The company said the areas that the two infected actors visited have been disinfected, including the performance hall at Blue Square in central Seoul.
The show’s run in Seoul is scheduled to continue through June, before moving to Daegu from July.
By Esther Chung