Art Basel canceled amid coronavirus pandemicThe Art Basel show will not go ahead this year after all, the organizers of the international art event said on Saturday, citing coronavirus health risks.
The cancellation was announced around two months after the exhibition was postponed from mid-June to September.
The MCH Group, which organizes the event, said it also decided against staging the event this year because of unresolved regulatory issues for mass events, travel hurdles, as well as the financial risk involved.
Known as one of the world's most important fine art exhibitions, Art Basel attracted 93,000 visitors and 290 galleries from 35 countries last year.
More in Arts & Design
Museums and theaters set to reopen on Tuesday
Kim Young-taek, 'the master of Korean pen art,' dies age 76
Chang Ucchin retrospective
Rare exhibition sheds light on foreign researchers of Korean art
Book on Korean art master of traditional painting to be released in U.S. this year