Dungeon&Fighter Mobile wins Grand Prize at Korea Game Awards

Home > Business > Tech

print dictionary print

Dungeon&Fighter Mobile wins Grand Prize at Korea Game Awards

Dungeon&Fighter Mobile, developed by Nexon subsidiary Neople, wins the Grand Prize at the Korea Game Awards held on Wednesday at Bexco, Busan. [SCREEN CAPTURE]

Dungeon&Fighter Mobile, developed by Nexon subsidiary Neople, wins the Grand Prize at the Korea Game Awards held on Wednesday at Bexco, Busan. [SCREEN CAPTURE]

 
Dungeon&Fighter Mobile, developed by Nexon subsidiary Neople, was honored with the Grand Prize at the Korea Game Awards on Wednesday.
 
“We started with the goal of creating the best action roleplaying game on mobile,” said Yun Myeong-jin, director of Dungeon&Fighter Mobile at Neople. “I thank all the teammates and colleagues who supported me all the way through. It wasn’t an easy path, but our efforts have got us this far.”
 
Dungeon&Figther Mobile was released last March, hitting over 1 million users on the day of release.
 
Mobile games took center stage on Wednesday’s ceremony. Eleven out of 12 candidates for the Grand Prize were mobile games.
 
The Excellence Award went to Uncharted Waters Origin by Line Games. Best games awards went to Merge Fantasy Island by Netmarble, Summoners War: Chronicles by Com2uS and HIT2 by Nexon.
 
The Popular Game Award, chosen by user votes, went to Nexon’s Blue Archive.
 
Sixteen awards were given out in 13 different categories, including the best games of the year, best indie game and promising start-up game company. Games released between Oct. 16, 2021 and Nov. 14 this year were eligible.
 
The announcement came a day before the opening of the G-Star 2022 gaming festival on Thursday, organized by the Korea Association of Game Industry (K-Games).
 
The annual festivity will be held with the utmost priority on visitor safety, according to the organizing committee.
 
Thousands of visitors are expected to flock to the largest offline G-Star in three years, which had been held under restricted circumstances due to the pandemic.
 
Following the recent Itaewon tragedy, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the Busan city government and the police held an inspection of the grounds on Wednesday.
 
“We will be prioritizing safety over all else at this year’s G-Star,” Kang Shin-cul, President of K-Games said in a press release. “We will be paying meticulous attention so that visitors get to enjoy new games and content in a safe environment.”

BY YOON SO-YEON [yoon.soyeon@joongang.co.kr]
Log in to Twitter or Facebook account to connect
with the Korea JoongAng Daily
help-image Social comment?
s
lock icon

To write comments, please log in to one of the accounts.

Standards Board Policy (0/250자)