LG and Hyundai Import Oman Oil

Home > Business > Economy

print dictionary print

LG and Hyundai Import Oman Oil

LG Caltex announced on December 18 that it signed a contract with the government of Oman to import 6.2 million barrels of crude oil every year direct from Oman without any additional fee. The fee would have amounted to 5 to 10 cents per barrel. LG's vice chairman, Huh Dong Soo, met with Mohammad Alumi, Oman's petroleum minister, and signed the contract.
Oman exports 60 percent of its oil products directly while the other 40 percent goes through major oil companies such as Shell.
Hyundai also made a similar contract with Oman last month to import 5.5 million barrels per year and SK, as well, will import 4.3 million.

More in Economy

Industrial output shows sharpest decline in more than 10 years

BOK cuts rates and growth estimate to minus 0.2%

Drunk drivers to pay more if they kill or cause damage

Soup-to-nuts support being offered by the government

BOK cuts base interest rate to record low of 0.5%

Log in to Twitter or Facebook account to connect
with the Korea JoongAng Daily
help-image Social comment?
lock icon

To write comments, please log in to one of the accounts.

Standards Board Policy (0/250자)

What’s Popular Now