Zrazy (beef roulade in sour cream)
1.3 pounds pork tenderloin
45 grams (1.6 ounces) smoked bacon or sausage
90 grams (3.2 ounces) pickled cucumbers
1/8 liter (1/2 cup) sour cream
2 mid-size onions
3 mid-size potatoes
135 grams (1/2 cup) mature cheddar cheese, grated
European-style bread (black rye bread)
Serves 3 to 4
1. Pound the slices of steak until 1 centimeter thick (about half an inch) on both sides. Set aside.
2. Peel and cut potatoes into small pieces, and cook them in a
separate pot until well done. Set aside.
3. Cut bacon and onions into thin, small pieces. Pickled cucumbers should be sliced into thin, long pieces. Add mustard, salt and black pepper, and mix them all together.
4. Put stuffing on one side of the steak, roll them up into roulades, and fry for about 5 minutes on each side in high heat until it
becomes a bit crispy. You can secure them with toothpicks so that they do not fall apart. Save the oil.
5. Pour the oil used for frying and a little bit of water into a
separate pot. Bring to a boil, and put in the roulades, braising
them for about 10 minutes in medium to low heat.
6. Add sour cream on top, and serve alongside grated cheese,
potatoes and bread.
More in Diplomacy
Foreign residents face new restrictions returning to Korea
Beijing consults Seoul on Hong Kong security law
Seoul to host international coronavirus conference
Korea starts group to respond to viruses with WHO
Korea named executive board member of WHO