[VIDEO NEWS] Graduation ceremony for victims of MV Sewol
2) During the gradation, hundreds of surviving students, as well as Danwon High School students and teachers, participated.
3) Families said the graduation was prepared so acts that dishonor the victims and their families, such as unilateral expulsion, would never be repeated.
4) Students-victims were expelled in January 2016. However, in November 2016 the Ministry of Education stated they would be given honorary-graduate status as per “guidelines for school life reports and records.”
5) At the ceremony’s overture, photos and drawings depicting the student-victims during their lives were displayed at the center and on the left side of the screen.
6) Danwon High School students joined their hands and sang such songs as “Prayer of Tears” and “Being a Thousand Winds.”
7) Families remained in their seats for some time following the ceremony’s conclusion and graduation certificates and albums for those victims whose families were not in attendance remained in the hall.
Video sourced from JoongAng Ilbo
Video produced by Yeo Yun-ha
Translated by Chung Yu-soo
Edited by Liam Reilly