A bus carrying 22 South Korean tourists was hijacked Monday in the Philippines, a foreign news report said.
22 S. Korean tourists kidnapped in Manila: report
South Korea's foreign ministry said it is trying to confirm the report.
AFP, a French news agency, quoted local police as saying that 22 South Koreans are among a group of hostages aboard the tourist bus hijacked by an ex-policeman in Manila.
"We have not received such a report yet from our consular office in the Philippines," a ministry official told Yonhap News Agency, asking not to be named.
Meanwhile, he confirmed a separate media report that unidentified gunmen killed a South Korean man earlier in the day in the Southeast Asian nation.
More in Social Affairs
First vaccines coming in February, says prime minister
2 more Yonsei profs in hot water over VIP admission
Moon's adoption comments continue to upset
Gwangju's club owners get restive over restrictions
Sewol probe ends with a whimper