Star joins families in hunger strikeSinger Kim Jang-hoon went on a hunger strike as of yesterday in solidarity with family members of the sunken Sewol ferry victims who are putting pressure on the government to pass a stalled law investigating the cause of the accident. Kim made the announcement about the hunger strike on his Facebook page yesterday.
“I’ll be joining the families from 2 p.m. in Gwanghwamun,” he said. “The making of a special law is not only for the hurt families but for all of us and the country.”
But he also said he wouldn’t let his hunger strike interfere with other previously set arrangements.
“Even when I do this, I will show more perfection in dealing with my work, preparing for a new song, performing in a scheduled time and others,” he said. “I’ll be standing behind the microphone and my energy may go all out, I’m confident that I can show people what real sound is.”
Kim will refuse to eat until Thursday due to a performance scheduled for Saturday. He plans to get an intravenous saline solution on Friday to recover quickly.
By Lee Sun-min