Law-breaking daredevils can leave KoreaBusan prosecutors have lifted an exit ban on two Russian skydivers, who were under investigation for their unauthorized leaps off high-rise buildings in the southern port city earlier this month, after they paid hefty fines, officials said Thursday.
The Russian nationals were booked on trespassing charges and slapped with an exit ban after illegally parachuting from the roof of a 40-story office building in Busan on Nov. 9 and launching another expedition from the top of a 42-story hotel building the following day. They were accused of making their parachute jumps without permission from the buildings’ management.
The Busan District Prosecutors’ Office’s eastern branch asked for a summary court order for a fine of 5 million won ($4,245), and the Russians have deposited the money with the prosecution after admitting to their charges, according to the officials familiar with the case.
A summary order is a process by which prosecutors seek a court judgment without a formal trial.
They said the Russians plan to leave the country Friday and Saturday, respectively, as their exit bans have been lifted.
More in Social Affairs
Prosecutors question Yoon over 'comfort women' scandal
New virus cases hit 56, highest number in 41 days
Regaining Korean citizenship
Fishing village suffers after North-operated dam abruptly releases floodwaters