[VIDEO NEWS] Is this goodbye for “Infinite Challenge”?
2) MBC’s “Infinite Challenge,” South Korea’s most popular variety show, airing on Saturdays, will have its final episode on March 31 after 13 years on the air.
3) Rumors about the show ending caused fans turmoil for a long time before MBC finally announced its position:
4) “We discussed the [future] path for ‘Infinite Challenge,’ considering many options for change. Finally, we decided to close the season by the end of March and take a break.”
5) Its producer, Kim Tae-ho, may return with a new season of “Infinite Challenge” or a new project after having some time to prepare.
6) The program that will be taking over “Infinite Challenge’s” broadcast time, to be produced by Choi Haeng-ho, will not be another season of “Infinite Challenge,” but an entirely new show with new cast members and a new format.
7) If all of the cast and crew of “Infinite Challenge” leave, the program’s 13-year continuity will come to an end.
8) Nowhere in the official statement was a clear expression of willingness to maintain the tradition of “Infinite Challenge,” which upset many netizens.
9) “’Infinite Challenge’ is like a companion of mine now. Watching it is like watching old memories.” -Netizen A
10) “What am I supposed to watch on Saturdays now? ‘Infinite Challenge’ is what keeps me going through the week.” -Netizen B
11) “It doesn’t matter if it takes years. I hope we can see all the cast and producer Kim Tae-ho back on ‘Infinite Challenge’ again. I believe in Kim Tae-ho!”
12) “[The show] has been my friend for 10 years now. I hope it returns.”
13) The parting with “Infinite Challenge” happened so suddenly.
14) It is unclear if the hiatus will be a short break, or a semi-permanent goodbye. Viewers are paying attention to how “Infinite Challenge” will say farewell in the remaining three weeks.
Video sourced from JoongAng Ilbo
Directed by Sun Hee-yeon
Produced by Kim Su-hyeon
Translated by Kim Hyo-jung
Edited by Matthew Silberman