[Cooking with Her Excellency, Belgium] Yukjeon (pan-fried beef)
400 grams (0.9 pounds) of beef (rump)
100 grams (1/2 cup) rice flour
100 grams (1/2 cup) pancake powder
50 milliliters (3 tablespoons) olive oil
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
6 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon ground sesame salt
1 teaspoon honey (optional)
1. Slice the beef into round slices 7 millimeters (0.3 inches) thick. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top and leave it to rest for 10 minutes. Set aside.
2. On a tray, mix rice flour and pancake powder.
3. Break 2 eggs in a bowl and mix.
4. Dip meat in the mixed flour, and then in the eggs.
5. On a pan coated with olive oil, cook the meat over medium heat for 7 to 8 seconds on each side.
6. For the sauce, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, pepper, sesame oil, sesame salt and honey (optional).
7. Serve pan-fried beef with dipping sauce on the side.