[Cooking with Her Excellency] Mineo maeuntang (spicy croaker fish stew)
300 grams (1½ cup) croaker fish
5 grams (1 teaspoon) sea tangle
5 grams (1 teaspoon) katsuobushi, or dried bonito flakes
100 grams (3.5 ounces) turnip
50 grams (3 tablespoons) leeks
30 grams (2 tablespoons) shiitake mushroom
30 grams (2 tablespoons) oyster mushroom
30 grams (2 tablespoons) beech mushroom
20 grams (4 teaspoons) garlic, minced
15 grams (1 tablespoon) chives
30 grams (2 tablespoons) firm tofu
50 grams (3 tablespoons) dadaegi, or seasoned red-pepper sauce
10 milliliter (2 teaspoons) jeongjong, or refined rice wine
500 milliliter (2 cups) water
1. Fill a pot with 500 milliliters of water and bring to a boil. Add sea tangle cook over high heat for 3 minutes.
2. Remove sea tangle from the boiling water and add dried bonito flakes. Cook over high heat for 5 minutes.
3. Remove dried bonito flakes and add seasoned red-pepper sauce. Cook over high heat for 5 minutes.
4. Add croaker fish and cook over high heat for 3 minutes.
5. Add turnip, leeks, shiitake mushroom, oyster mushroom, beech mushroom, tofu and minced garlic. Cook over high heat for 10 minutes.
6. Add refined rice wine and place chives on top before serving.