500 grams (18 ounces) of salmon fillet
2 mid-sized carrots
6 mid-sized potatoes
1-2 mid-sized onions
2 bay leaves
10 allspice berries
1 liter (4 cups) fish stock
20 milliliters (4 teaspoons) heavy cream
25-50 milliliters (5-10 teaspoons) fresh dill, chopped
1. Chop vegetables and salmon into preferred sizes.
2. Bring the fish stock to boil and add all of the seasonings, vegetables and cream. Boil over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
3. Add the fish and simmer over high heat for a few more minutes until cooked.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Sprinkle with dill. May use chopped leek or chives as alternatives.