Star’s agency responds to claims
“We will take strong legal action against any articles on the internet that are indiscriminately exaggerated or reproduced for [Park’s] defamation,” the agency said.
According to the entertainment company, many of the articles that are currently popping up across the internet are merely speculative. C-JeS Entertainment says that such reports, which are not based on official police investigation, defame the TV personality.
Park has been accused by a 24-year-old woman of sexual assault. According to her, the K-pop star took her to a bathroom and forced her to engage in sexual activity on June 3. It was the woman’s boyfriend who took the lead in bringing the incident to police.
The 24-year-old alleged victim, however, withdrew the accusation on Tuesday afternoon, saying that it was her mistake to indiscriminately blame the celebrity without carefully evaluating the situation.
The woman had previously submitted an undergarment she was wearing at the time to the police as evidence, and the police sent the evidence to the National Forensic Service for DNA analysis.
The news has garnered a lot of attention not only because Park is a famous singer and member of the K-pop boy group JYJ, but also because he is currently serving his mandatory military duty as a public service worker. He is fulfilling his service requirement at the Gangnam District Office in southern Seoul.
By Jin Min-ji