Actor Lee Kwang-soo to step down from SBS's 'Running Man'
Actor Lee Kwang-soo will step down from the popular SBS entertainment show “Running Man,” according to his management King Kong by Starship on Tuesday.
“After May 24, Lee Kwang-soo will no longer appear on ‘Running Man,” said the agency, explaining that Lee was involved in a traffic accident last year and is still recovering from his injuries.
According to the agency, Lee has consistently been in rehabilitation therapy since the accident but has had difficulty maintaining his physical health during the filming of “Running Man.” After a lengthy discussion with co-stars, production staff and his agency, Lee decided to take time off to recuperate both physically and mentally.
“It was not an easy decision to quit a show that he has starred in for 11 years, which is a long period of time. But Lee has reached the conclusion that he needs some time off so he can perform better in his future endeavors,” said the agency.
“We thank everyone who has shown love and support to Lee through ‘Running Man’. Lee will be back again, healthier and brighter.”
Lee is one of the original members of “Running Man” which started airing in July of 2010. His witty personality earned him popularity all throughout Asia, earning the nickname “Prince of Asia.”
BY HALEY YANG [firstname.lastname@example.org]