Galbi (barbecued short ribs)Ingredients:
800 grams (1.75 pounds) beef short ribs
60 grams (4 tablespoons) soy sauce
30 grams (2 tablespoons) sugar
10 grams (2 teaspoons) starch syrup
170 grams (¾cup) water
20 grams (4 teaspoons) mirim, a type of cooking wine
10 grams (2 teaspoons) jeongjong, rice wine
100 grams (3.5 ounces) onions
50 grams (1.7 ounces) green onions
100 grams (3.5 ounces) pear
20 grams (4 teaspoons) minced garlic
20 grams (4 teaspoons) sesame oil
10 grams (2 teaspoons) sesame salt
1. Wash and rinse meat in cold running water for 3 hours. Set aside.
2. Blend onions, green onions and pear separately in a blender.
3. Mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce.
4. Evenly coat the meat in sauce, and let it sit in the fridge for 1 day.
5. Heat a pan over high heat until smoke rises, and grill the meat for 2 minutes on each side.
6. Coat the meat with sauce on both sides, and grill both sides until well cooked. Serve on a plate.
More in Diplomacy
Foreign residents face new restrictions returning to Korea
Beijing consults Seoul on Hong Kong security law
Seoul to host international coronavirus conference
Korea starts group to respond to viruses with WHO
Korea named executive board member of WHO