Janchi guksu (wheat flour noodles in anchovy broth)
100 grams (1/2 cup) anchovies
50 grams (3 tablespoons) sea tangle
100 grams (1/2 cup) radish
50 grams (3 tablespoons) onion
50 grams (3 tablespoons) carrot
50 grams (3 tablespoons) zucchini
10 grams (2 teaspoons) seaweed flakes
50 grams (3 tablespoons) leeks
2 tablespoons soy sauce
5 grams (1 teaspoon) ginger
5 grams (1 teaspoon) salt
5 grams (1 teaspoon) sesame seeds
200 grams (1 cup) wheat flour noodles
1. Bring water to a boil and add in the noodles, cooking over high heat for 5 minutes. Drain in sieve and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
2. For broth, fill a pot with water and add anchovies, sea tangle, chives, leeks, ginger and radish. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Season with salt and soy sauce. Set aside.
3. Separate egg yolk from white and fry each separately. Cut into strips. Set aside.
4. Cut zucchini into strips and sprinkle with salt. Cut onion and carrot into strips of similar length. Separately saute each in high heat for about 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside.
5. To serve, place noodles in the center of a bowl, arranging the toppings around the sides. Pour the broth on top and sprinkle seaweed flakes and sesame seeds. Drizzle sesame oil.
More in Diplomacy
U.S. ready to negotiate with North, envoy says
No Koreans reported injured in Beirut blast
Back to China
Daegu court can proceed to sell off Japanese assets
Korean gov't needs concrete net-zero goals: Ban Ki-moon