중앙데일리

Luhan plans to leave Exo

Oct 11,2014



Luhan, part of the 12-member boy band Exo, is reportedly in the process of leaving the group. According to the Seoul Central District Court yesterday, the Chinese singer filed a lawsuit against SM Entertainment to nullify the validity of his contract with the company.

The announcement came as a shock to Exo fans, particularly since it follows the departure of Kris five months ago.

The legal battle between Kris and SM Entertainment is still ongoing. He is currently working as a solo artist in China.

In response to Luhan’s lawsuit, SM released a statement yesterday that read, “Citing health concerns, [Luhan] told us that he wants to focus on his solo career in China. We were discussing his future plans, but the news of the lawsuit has stunned us.

“Since he is filing the lawsuit in the same way Kris did, we assume that he is prioritizing his own interests after having gained popularity as an Exo member, which goes against the interests of the other members and the company. We highly doubt there are people who will back them up.”

Exo, which debuted in 2012, is made up of six Korean members and six Chinese. The band has enjoyed immense popularity both inside and outside the country.

About one million people are registered as official fans of the group, and Exo’s records have consistently ranked high on the pop charts.

Last year, the K-pop group hit a milestone not seen in more than a decade, selling more than one million hard copies of its album “XOXO (Kiss & Hug)” in an era where CDs have become obsolete.

Despite the lawsuit brought by Luhan, SM said that Exo will continue with its world tour. Exo will hold concerts over three days in Fukuoka, Japan, from Nov. 11 to 13.

By Sung So-young



dictionary dictionary | 프린트 메일로보내기 내블로그에 저장