‘Flowers’ actor denies girlfriend abuse
On Friday, the girlfriend of the “Boys Over Flowers” star reportedly filed a police complaint charging that the entertainer had repeatedly beaten her over the course of several months. Some media also reported that she claimed one altercation had left her with a broken rib.
Kim’s agency, Key East, said that the two had physically fought after a few serious quarrels, but denied that there had been numerous occasions where violence occurred over two months.
“A physical fight only happened once, and the rib fracture was not from that fight but from another time when the two were play-fighting with each other,” said the agency.
“[They] didn’t acknowledge that [she] was injured because they were hanging out with friends and she didn’t show any symptoms.” The agency said it regrets that the accuser’s “one-sided story” was widely reported through local media and added that the reports were exaggerated.
“Kim and the agency will reveal the truth through more detailed investigation in the coming days and will show our due diligence in police investigations as well,” Key East said. The actor will continue to work any jobs that were arranged before the accusations were made.
By Lee Sun-min