ESG? Dong-A has been doing that for decades.

Home > Business > Sponsored Reports

print dictionary print

ESG? Dong-A has been doing that for decades.

 Dong-A Socio Holdings strengthens its environmental, social and governance management in line with its corporate social responsibility vision. [DONG-A SOCIO HOLDINGS]

Dong-A Socio Holdings strengthens its environmental, social and governance management in line with its corporate social responsibility vision. [DONG-A SOCIO HOLDINGS]

 While environmental, social and governance (ESG) management has become trendy in Korea in 2021, Dong-A Socio Holdings has embraced the philosophy since 1975, long before the term “ESG” was coined.
 
In its long standing corporate vision, Dong-A vows to fulfill the corporate responsibility to uphold social justice and to use new sciences and technologies to contribute to the promotion of human health and welfare.
 
After 46 years, Dong-A Socio Holdings remains fully committed to the pledge, the company said.
The environment is Dong-A’s primary focus.
 
In order to strengthen its ESG management, Dong-A Socio Holdings is providing education in eco-friendliness and sustainability for its employees, including those working at its affiliate companies such as Dong-A Pharmaceutical, Dong-A ST and DM Bio.
 
Moreover, Dong-A Socio Holdings announced its plan to replace all of its company cars with eco-friendly vehicles.
 
The decision is in line with the global push to go green by reducing carbon dioxide emissions. As carbon dioxide is the main cause of global warming, Dong-A expects the transition to eco-friendly vehicles to contribute to the fight against climate change.
 
Dong-A Pharmaceutical, Dong-A ST, Dong-A Otsuka, Yongma Logis and Soo Seok are also on board with the project.
 
Dong-A Socio Holdings plans to replace 79 of its vehicles with eco-friendly models this year, 111 in 2022, 89 in 2023 and 81 in 2024. That makes a total of 360 company cars environment-friendly by 2024.
 
At Dong-A Pharmaceutical and Dong-A ST, currently some 70 percent of company cars are hybrids. The pharmaceutical companies plan to gradually replace the remaining 30 percent with eco-friendly models.
 
In addition, Dong-A Socio Holdings organized a contact-free donation campaign dubbed “:D-Style Walking” ahead of World Environment Day on June 5.
 
Through “:D-Style Walking”, employees of Dong-A Socio Holdings raised 100 million won ($88,000) in total. The money will be donated to the Korean Federation for Environmental Movements.
 
Dong-A Socio Holdings is also promoting an eco-friendly corporate culture through zero plastic campaign within the company.
 
 
 Dong-A Socio Holdings strengthens its environmental, social and governance management in line with its corporate social responsibility vision. [DONG-A SOCIO HOLDINGS]
 
Log in to Twitter or Facebook account to connect
with the Korea JoongAng Daily
help-image Social comment?
s
lock icon

To write comments, please log in to one of the accounts.

Standards Board Policy (0/250자)

What’s Popular Now