Kim Rae-won’s representative denies rumors of drunken, disorderly conduct
A police announcement that a male celebrity will soon go to trial on charges of disorderly conduct and assaulting a police officer has led to vicious speculation in cyberspace about the identity of the suspect - leaving some to get caught in the crossfire.
Netizens have pointed out that actor Kim Rae-won roughly fits the description provided by police of the man who climbed on top of a passing car and fought with a police officer last October.
But Kim’s agency has strongly denied the rumors.
“It’s ridiculous to accuse Kim of being the drunken celebrity. If anyone in the press dares to name Kim as the unidentified celebrity, we will go ahead and press charges,” Kim’s representative told OSEN on Monday.
Earlier on Monday, the Seoul Central District Prosecutors’ Office said that there was some confusion surrounding the identity of the defendant.
“All I can say is that the guilty man was born in 1979, has already served in the Army and is being confused with another entertainer,” police said.